Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
c_e_e_g

Suggestions on flooring in reach-in closets?

c_e_e_g
11 years ago

I'm in the midst of a gut renovation of my apartment, including five closets which have been cleared of everything down to the cement floor. I hadn't given the floors in the closets much thought so far, because save for one slightly larger closet (maybe 4'x6'), they're all reach-in or pantry depth. So I won't be walking in them, and not much flooring will be visible.

However I'm finding it more difficult than anticipated to find photos or discussions around flooring within small closets (perhaps because most people's hardwood floors continue uninterrupted into the closet). So I was hoping to hear what people would do with a small closet floor space. Ceramic tile? Click wood flooring? Carpet squares? Terra cotta? For reference, my floors are cherry-stained parquet, and my overall apartment look leans towards classic/traditional (read: I'm a fan of white subway tile). The closets will be painted white and not have much frill. Anyway I'd love to hear what people with similar situations have done with their closet floors, I'm starting to feel the pressure of the decision upon me. Thanks!

Comments (2)