Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carpet. Corgi and lab. Advice needed.

Posted by chay (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 18:24

We are looking for new carpet in our bedroom and home office. (I know people will say to stay away from carpet but we like the warmth and feel and we're sticking with it.) There are 4 of us: me, my husband, a corgi and a lab. The dogs shed like crazy but my Dyson takes care of that.

My wishlist is:
carpet that the dogs won't catch their nails on
stain resistant
doesn't show tracks

Any specific brand name recommendations would be appreciated. I have read about generic recommendations, i.e. "buy nylon, low pile frieze" but it would be helpful to be pointed to a specific manufacturer and style.

If anyone has experience with this issue and has carpet they love I'd love to hear about it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carpet. Corgi and lab. Advice needed.

Have you looked at either the textured or frieze by Mohawk Smartstrand? Here's a link to another thread where its being discussed currently. It definitely has my vote.

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpet Thread on Building a Home Forum

o
RE: Carpet. Corgi and lab. Advice needed.

Whatever carpet you choose, check the warranty. Use of a Dyson voids some of them because it abuses the fibers so much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here