Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiagrace

Best choice for finishing oak floor in entryway?

Kiagrace
10 years ago

We recently bought a 100 year old home with the original oak hardwood floors still in decent condition. I love the dark color and don't want to refinish them. (Plus, we have 2 small children, so refinishing them at this point would be silly. ) That said, the hardwood in the entryway that used to match the rest of the house had been covered over with the most hideous linoleum, which kept the front door from opening. I tore up the linoleum and the wood was covered in black sticky goop. So, I've gotten that off and am almost done sanding. What I'm trying to figure out is the best thing to use on the wood, given that it's going to get traffic and we live in WI, so that means snowy feet 6 months of the year. I assume the previous owner choose to install the linoleum because of the issues with water. What would be the best finish choice for this floor, keeping in mind 2 little ones and 3 pets, so I don't want anything super toxic? And I'll be doing it myself, so nothing too complicated. Thoughts?

Comment (1)