Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations for medium/light-toned, engineered, $5 sq/ft?

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 29, 12 at 17:10

Hi,

I'm looking for a medium-to-light-tone engineered floor, preferably 5" or wider.

Definitely not blonde, but definitely not dark, hoping to avoid heavy red, golden, orange hues. Basically a neutral, medium-to-light toned wood.

I like the look of a lot of visible graining, and don't mind knots, etc.

My budget is $5 p/sq ft. I can go a little over, but not much.

The pic below is a lot like what I have in mind. This one is too distressed, but I'm okay with a little distressing. Love the French bleed, but not a requirement.

Thanks for any input!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations for medium/light-toned, engineered, $5 sq/ft?

LM Flooring will have products you like @ your price point. Nice Nice products for the money..

o

LM Flooring will have products you like @ your price point. Nice Nice products for the money..

Here is a link that might be useful: LM Hardwoods

o

Thanks so much, Floortech. Your suggestion led me to a local store with a great selection, and brought home a beautiful LR flooring sample board.

I also took home 2 sample boards of Columbia (Pagosa in Campfire Hickory and Gunnison in Brown Sugar Walnut.)

Would love to hear your 2 cents on quality of Columbia.

o

Columbia is recognized for quality...it is not known for low pricing options...but the quality is there.

o

Thanks again, Floortech :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here