Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
traceylacey_gw

hollow sounds,bottom of board clean&spongy feel to some areas

traceylacey
10 years ago

I stopped counting after 30 hollow sounds in a 4' x 7' area of the kitchen. I only felt a few boards that were "moving" when you pressed down with your foot. I would describe it as more of a "flexing". They injected glue in those areas.

So every hollow spot (there are LOTS) are just that hollow sound. They don't move or flex. I have my stuff covering part of the floor in each room so i cant check everywhere yet.

the picture is of boards that were removed after 5 days because of a leaky toilet from installers replacing toilets.

is adhesive supposed to look smooth and kind of shiny?

there are lots of "rough" areas on the underside of the boards. it almost looks "spongy" mixed in with the glue.

i dont know if its because the concreet floor wasn't cleaned well enough.

its a condo that was built in 2010, i am the first owner. i'm guessing they needed to do some leveling but they never mentioned that.

When i pointed some hollow spots with a little bit of movement in the boards to the sales guy, he said leveling is EXTRA. I said, well i would have paid if I knew.

I would never have them install flooring without a properly prepped sub floor. But, i'm not the professional so how was i supposed to know.

Is there a fix?

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor