Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hard Wood Recommendations

Posted by lnia (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 12 at 15:01

Hello Everyone,
So, I am looking for the perfect hardwood floor that does not exist because of my requirements. I thought I would ask to see if this expert had recommendations on a brand/wood that would come closest to the ideal for us. My wish list includes the following:

larger plank- 4-6 inches
does not collect dust or show water spots easily
love the darker, distressed wood look
hard wood that will not dent or scrape easily
minimal care required (and ideally cleaning)
do not like shiny look

If anyone has any recommendations, I would appreciate. I do like the brazilian teak look as well which allows for most of the above criteria to fit, but I won't get the dark, distressed look I had ideally wanted.

Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hard Wood Recommendations

I would think that with the darker "distressed-looking" wood floor material "dents and scrapes" would not be a problem at all.

Ceramic tile that is a visual representation of the actual thing is the only thing I would recommend.

o

Nope no such thing in wood. Dont even think about it. you wont be happy. Go ceramic.

o

I agree with the other guys.

You want the wood look but without any of the responsibilities.

Go tile or laminate or hell go carpet.

o

You should check out the Rubio Monocoat hardwax oil. Wood floors will dent and scratch but with monocoat the whole floor does not need to be redone. It also has great colors that can mimic distressed wood and is a matte finish. Good luck!

o

If you want something soft, look at the excellent sheet vinyl and vinyl-type products out there. Also, Forbo makes Flotex textile flooring in some wood-look visuals.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here