Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
buildinva

Problem with TrafficMaster Allure Vinyl Plank

buildinva
10 years ago

TrafficMaster allure vinyl plank flooring was professionally installed Into our fully finished climate-controlled basement about 4 weeks ago. It was laid directly onto the sealed concrete subfloor. It is now coming up at corners and edges where the planks abut each other. I notice new spots every few days.

My contractor is coming tomorrow to examine the flooring. In the meantime, I would like to get opinions from other flooring professionals and people who may have dealt with this product. Is this a problem with the product, the installation, or the environment? Any input is most welcome!!

Comments (10)

• buildinva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture 2

• buildinva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture 3

• buildinva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture 4

• buildinva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Picture 5

• roof35
    10 years ago

I think you may find this article interesting, as far as installing in a basement.

Here is a link that might be useful: Not recommended for basement applications.

• buildinva
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks for the link. I wish I had read it BEFORE I purchased and paid to have 1700 sq feet installed in my home. The product is failing BADLY. It gets worse by the day and it's now clear I need to replace all of the flooring....

• HU-397288
    6 years ago

In 2010 I installed Allure flooring throughout my 1100 sq ft mobile home in Florida and it was tremendously easy, totally gorgeous and amazingly easy to clean. So no problems until this year - 2017 - "pop-ups" that look like raised nails began to appear - contractor verified no nails in subfloor - only screws. Have pounded the heck out of these with a protective wood block, but they just do not budge. Anyone have experience with this? More of these are showing up all the time and if there is anything I can do, PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!!! Thanks so much.

• mpmag999
    6 years ago

3 years ago I installed allure in the 3rd room of my house. The 2 previously done rooms are fine but this one is splitting in the center between the ends of planks. Any idea why? Or what an be done?

• HU-939520650
    3 years ago

in 2015, I installed allure in my home and now some of the planks appear to be shrinking with noticeable gaps between them. When I installed them, the seams were hardly visible, but now gaps are showing around several of them.

• HU-985535807
    last year

About 10 years ago I put Allure vinyl flooring grip strip 12x36" in the garage of a rental home that I owned to cover up oil stains, etc. The only prep was washing out the garage. The house is 42 years old. I had gotten a divorce and moved in. It still looks fabulous, brand new and is exposed to outside temperature & moisture. I wanted to put some of it in my house and went to Home Depot and looked at the new Traffic Master versions and it looked great. Then I started reading 100s of reviews and looking at pictures. Yikes!! It is like I bought a totally different product a decade ago.