Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunroom floor w/ radiant heat??

Posted by beaglesdoitbetter (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 13:38

We are putting radiant heat floor in our sunroom b/c we want it to be a four seasons room and cozy in the winter. This is a new build house and our builder has us down for a tile floor in the sunroom in part b/c of the radiant heat. The entire rest of the house will be hardwood. I'm not 100 percent sure I want tile. I want the room to be warm and cozy and I like hardwood w/ oriental rugs, but don't know how radiant heat will work under hardwood. It is real under floor radiant heat w/ a separate boiler and stuff, not electric radiant heat.

Anyone have pictures of tiled sunroom floors so I can get some ideas? House will have white crown moulding and white woodwork throughout and is heavily french country influenced.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunroom floor w/ radiant heat??

It has been a while since you posted this so maybe you've already decided, but I'll pitch in some thoughts just in case. In a French Country style, slate tile could look stunning. You could use rugs with it as well. I have radiant floor heat and tile is the best for heat transfer so the floors will be warmer in winter than you could get with hardwood.

You don't say where you live or whether you are using electric vs hydronic radiant heat, but those are other topics you'd want to think about in a sunroom application. Eectric is usually local to the room so you can have quicker response to temp changes, whereas hydronic is slower and usually the main system for the home. If you live in an area where the outside temperature changes quickly from cool to warm or vice versa, you would want to consider that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here