Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
darrah

Attention all floor fanatics

darrah
11 years ago

Sorry for the way I presented the subject but if I had typed in "congoleum" I'm not so sure my question would have gotten much attention.

We will be starting a reno next year and I have gone back and forth in my mind regarding flooring for my kitchen. We live in the country, so red clay dirt is an issue. We plan to do some landscaping that will help take care of that problem but cannot avoid the dirt completely.

My present flooring, congoleum, has "dimples" and catches the dirt, making it difficult to clean. But it isn't hard underfoot, or cold in the winter, doesn't swell with change in seasons, doesn't show scratches, doesn't stain easily from tomato sauce, and I don't have to sell the farm in order to afford it so it seems to be the best way to go.

Does anyone have congoleum that is "smooth" therefore making it easy to clean? The last congoleum update we made which was about two years ago in our bathroom had small grooves through out so once again the dirt settles into the dents. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor