Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hardwood in closet - Opinions please!

Posted by Madeline616 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 12:58

Hello,

New to the flooring forums, I spend most of my time in Kitchens!

I had a little flooding incident last night, left the bathtub running and got some seepage into the adjoining bedroom and closet. All are on the first floor of a home built on a slab.

Crazy, because tomorrow I was supposed to have the bedroom carpets ripped up and Brazilian walnut hardwood floors put in. Thank God for the timing, otherwise the floors would've been damaged.

Anyway, the setup up is such that my bathroom is between my closet (8 x 13) and my bedroom. To get from the bedroom to the closet, you walk through the bathroom.

The bathroom flooring is large travertine tiles, the closet, obviously, carpet, and the bedroom about to be Brazilian walnut.

Now that this has happened, I asked the flooring store for a quote on putting hardwood in the closet and it's pretty reasonable (this isn't an insurance claim.)

So, anyone with opinions on the look based on the space description, pros, cons, etc? Thoughts on whether it would be an added plus for resale?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hardwood in closet - Opinions please!

Yes Hardwood in the closet is the choice that I and most buyers would prefer. However it is you who must be pleased!

o

I'd be happy with anything other than carpet in the closet. That includes tile, laminate, or hardwood. My first choice would be tile, since I might walk into the closet while wet from the shower, but hardwood would be very nice too.

o

Thank you both for your responses. Hardwood it is!! Funny how a stressful flood has led me to a great decision I never would've imagined before. I think it will be beautiful.

Thanks again!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here