Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Floor Dilemma

Posted by shortwave (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 12:16

Hello Everyone!

I just moved into my new (to me) home that has wood in the living, guest hall, and guest rooms (2). I want to continue this wood into the formal dining and the master bedroom for consistency (both master and formal have carpet).

After a few days of looking, I cannot find any surplus planks and/or info about the wood floor manufacturer anywhere in the house. The companies that come by to do estimates say that, without having any manufacturer info, it will be very difficult to match the wood. I would contact the former owners but they are out of state and I have no info on them.

My current solution is to find a darker complimentary wood and put that in both the master and formal, but I am concerned that it will look forced and visually confusing. Unfortunately my budget does not allow for a complete re-stain or new floors.

Anyone have this issue? Any advice is appreciated! Thanks!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Floor Dilemma

Can you give us a picture of what you have currently and that'll make suggestions easier.

Sam @ Real Wood Floors

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here