Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Castle Combe

Posted by pm80 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 17, 12 at 11:58

Looking at these floors. How do they stand up over time? We have two dogs and two kids. I have heard solid is better than engineered. We also like the navarre line. A little cheaper than the Castle combe, but not as much details. I like the wide plank look. Any help is appreciated. I have searched, but not much on here about them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Castle Combe

Are solids better? Not sure about that as manufacturers that sell both will tell you that certain applications recommend one or the other. Wide Planks, I prefer engineered as they are much more stable. Low humidity climates and if we are purchasing strip, then solid for sure as the stability is not nearly as critical. I sell or display 24 different manufacturers of products and I chose engineered through out my home. Love the stability of the wide stuff and very low risk. But there are Woody's on here that install and finish that will tell you only solids. Northeast and northwest prefer solids to purchase..and Midwest...to some extent. West, southwest...south and southeast prefer engineered to purchase. 91% of wood purchased in the west are engineered. Nationally it is 51% - 49% in favor of solids...This proves to me it is application based on what is and should be used. Good Luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here