Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tell me about your sheet vinyl esp. wood look

Posted by mabeldingeldine (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 2, 12 at 11:05

I am planning on replacing a poorly installed tile floor in my primary bathroom in my old Maine cape. I have read with interest many threads about vinyl plank flooring and ultimately decided this is not for me.

I did see a sample I liked in HD of Armstrong Concerta Rankin in a yellow pine look, but it is a mid-grade and I want something that will be look good with my old Cape which features a lot of pine wainscoting and beadboard. I'll be replacing the subfloor and giving up on my dream of heated floors as we now plan to put the house on the market next year. The bath is tiny at about 7x7 feet with tub/shower and not a lot of exposed flooring. It is currently so ugly probably anything will look 1000 times better!

I would love to hear from people about their experience with sheet vinyl. I have Stainmaster resilient vinyl in my mud/laundry room and love it, but I don't see a pattern of this I like for my bath.

Thanks for any feedback!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tell me about your sheet vinyl esp. wood look

Hi mabeldingeldine,

I see you also asked over at Home Decor and got a lot of great replies there. I didn't reply there, but will add that I think I am going to go with Lowes Surface Source Floating Vinyl Plank or something similar. It looks great, and sounds like a good looking, fairly easy DIY flooring.

Sue...a lurker

Here is a link that might be useful: Wood look sheet vinyl?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here