Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
momoffive5_gw

Experience w/ Martha Stewart Carpet?

momoffive5
13 years ago

Has anyone had any experience with the Martha Stewart living carpet from Home Depot? I do not see any reviews in the search.

I am looking at the loop style carpet which is 29.2 oz. and made from Anso BCF nylon. $1.95/sq. ft.

Thanks in advance!

Comments (6)

• echoflooring
    13 years ago

Martha Stewart is brand New Design name for HD as the recently aligned with Anso from Shaw. Anso is about the best nylon being sold today. Have no worries other than you are buying from a box store opposed to a real flooring store. My3cents.com tells the story on box stores but people are foolish. Good Luck

• debrak_2008
    13 years ago

I am also interested in Martha Stewart carpeting. They offer the longest warranty of most other carpets. My concern is will they honor the warrantly without alot of trouble?

• greengardenspider
    12 years ago

Shaw did not honor the stain warranty for my Martha Stewart carpet. Two months after I had it installed my dog left a feces stain on the carpet. Shaw told me to read the fine print on their "stain warranty" apparently all sorts of stains aren't covered, including dog feces. Which is bogus because the sales people do not mention that when you purchase the carpet! I was under the impression a stain warranty covers stains and a pet stains are a very common stain! Stay away from Martha steward carpets, it is not wearing well at all, it does not repel stains and it also looks worn after 2 months. Also, home depots "satisfaction guarantee" is bogus, salesman sold us on that as well, but when we tried to use it they said we can't because the carpet had a pet stain and was therefore "abused".

• lynnalexandra
    12 years ago

Glad to find this thread here. I just looked at the Martha Steward carpet at home depot. They did actually tell me that red wine, lipstick and pet stains were excluded. But my experience with home depot has been a nightmare. I ordered Levolor blinds from them in the fall - and it took probably 3 hours of extra calls and several missed deadlines to receive the blinds. But this was in a small beach town and I wasn't aware of any blinds stores per se.

Echoflooring - I think I'll stick with your advice and not get carpet through them.

Greengardenspider - sorry to hear the carpet is not holding up well - but thank you for letting us know.
    Lynn.

• carpetreview
    9 years ago

DO NOT BUY HOME DEPOT CARPET!!!!!!-

I purchased 2 years ago Martha Stewart Living Mount Vernon Carpet (for $6,000). After 6 months it looked like it had been in the house for 20 years (note we do not allow shoes in the house, or eating outside the kitchen). We have spent the last 2 years trying to get Home Depot to make it right. They sent 2 inspectors from the manufacturer to look at it (a little self serving, dont you think?)

They also sent the assistant manager of the store who agreed with us and told us "we buy a lot of carpet from Shaw, we will make this right". It looked old, stained, and worn. They did not make it right.

The "warranty" is useless. They do not honor it. All I can do is warn you to buy carpet from a reputable place who will stand behind their sales. Do not use HOME DEPOT, they do not care about its customer.

From Home Depot's website, the carpet, " guarantees long lasting performance with 20 year abrasive wear and texture warranties as well as a lifetime stain and soil warranty" This is a joke! Good luck collecting on this warranty

Here is a link that might be useful: Crappy carpet, Crappy Service

• msdcep
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

DO NO BUY CARPET FROM HOME DEPOT. I am echoing everything said above. My "installed carpet" they would not install. They gave me a $70 credit for the installation I paid $700 for myself.

DO NOT BY CARPET FROM HOME DEPOT. CONSUMER FRAUD.