Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gabytx12_gw

Flooring: Lux Vinyl or Floating Laminate for older pier and beam

gabytx12
9 years ago

We just purchased a home (built 1968) that is pier and beam. Had old carpet, when we ripped up the carpet we realized we had a real mess on our hands. The subfloor in bad shape, further inspection reveal termite and damage to floor joist and some subfloor.
Hubby has fixed floor joist supports, added beams under the house and in process of replacing all bad areas of 1st layer subfloor (we will need to add an entire new layer on top ) no real problem in that area as far as fixing.
My issue is with putting flooring in. I think that no matter how hard we try the floors are going to be a bit uneven in some areas. My thinking is with a floor on pier and beam in some areas we could use the vinyl planks and that would be much more accommodating to this type of house. Hubby thinks we should go with floating. I am open to any flooring that will not cause to much headaches. Just wanted to get opinions from others who have dealt with this. I know this topic has been kind of covered on other posts. But I specifically wanted some feedback on my situation.

This site has been so valuable since we started this remodel!! Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments (2)