Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
natural cleft slate or honed?

Posted by megsrob (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 4, 08 at 9:03

I am trying to decide between a more honed vs a natural cleft slate tile in my kitchen. I preferred the look of the cleft in the store because it seemed to have more depth than the honed but now I am wondering if cleft tile would look too rough? I had a harder time finding the color I wanted in a honed tile..so i think that is why I veered toward the cleft...a dk grayish tile with slight green undertones. any ideas or thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: natural cleft slate or honed?

Hi,

I'm helping a friend who is going through the same thing, in a house just purchased. He loves the natural look of slate but the maintenance in the kitchen (and he wants it in the bath) will be hard. I kept telling him about the water from the mop puddling in the grooves.

Here is a link to the one he decided on. It is called golden green but it is subtle even in bright light. They also have gray but you might like the green. It is from Emser. Anyway, click the link and scroll down to the honed version.

Good Luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: Golden green

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here