Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
traceylacey_gw

toilet base

traceylacey
10 years ago

I posted the pic of the guest bathroom. Everytime I flush water comes gushing out of the bottom. Obviously I know it's installed incorrectly, just like I KNEW it when they were doing it.

My question is this... the other toilet in the master (the one where i watched them pick it up and adjust it 3 times) has wax oozing out of the sides and out of the left side bolts (that are put on all messy and crooked too).

That toilet isn't showing any leaks (YET) but they are coming back next week (most likely not very happy i'm sure) and I dont want them to re install it correctly because I already know they wont do it right. Now that I remember I'm sure the old tile floor is lower than the new wood floor which means the sewer pipe and "seal cap" that goes around it, is not flush. I dont even want to question them because i'm sure they'll get irritated. I educated myself on how to replace a toilet so I'm thinking i may have to get another cap and sandwich some caulking in between (not me, but a professional)

back to my question... do i have a right to tell them that i want a plumber to do it and they have to pay for it? Do i let them "fix" it and then hire a plumber (not fair that I have to pay more for THEIR mistake)?

What are my options?

Comment (1)