Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cork floor transition into tile?

Posted by djiao (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 16, 12 at 2:29

Hello,

I'm renovating my above ground basement into a media room/fitness room. This level is also our main entry into our townhouse from the garage.

Has anyone ever done cork flooring for majority of the room, and transition to tile or another different material flooring? How does it look? Pics? any issues?

I'm hesitant to use cork for the entry area bc of rocks under shoes, my high heels, kid's cleats etc might make holes in the cork.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cork floor transition into tile?

Floating cork or glue down cork?

o
RE: Cork floor transition into tile?

I believe your will be happy with your choice of cork flooring for the use you decribed above. We have cork in both of our offices for 5 years now. It stands better than most of the wood floorings under rolling chairs and small rocks due to its nature of flexibilty. We have the cork connect to floating wood floors in our showroom with a t-molding at the door ways. Remember you are using the finish on top of the cork, never the cork itself. My point is that cork floorings are tougher and more durable than most people thought. It feels so good under your feet. We have seen a trend of cork floorings in the Kitchen lately to replace old vinyl, even tiles. Here are some pics for your reference.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cork flooring in kitchen

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here