Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Electric radiant floor heat reviews

Posted by johnmiller_2009 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 8, 09 at 2:20

Winter is ahead..One of my colleagues suggested me to go for suntouch electric radiant floor heat. Does Suntouch under floor heating system really works good? What about installation? Is it too expensive..? also worried about electricity bill... Any advises, recommendations will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time & help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Electric radiant floor heat reviews

Your colleague was right. SunTouch Electric Radiant Floor Heating Mats are the safest & easiest way to keep warm and enjoy comfortable walking surfaces. And they are the easiest Electric Radiant heat mats to install in the Industry. It doesn't cost you much for installation. However it depends on the type of product that you are going to install. Power consumption is very less.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electric Radiant Floor Heat

o

We absolutely love ours, works great, no noticeable increase in electric bills. It appeared to be easy to install with the cost of install being in the hiring of the electrician to hook it up. They are never cheap. The
cost of the mats themselves aren't cheap either, but well worth the money.

o

SunTouch offers the industrys lowest Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) independently tested and verified - competitors minimize the potential dangers or problems associated with EMF. They dont just claim EMF safety, they proved it with test results. Suntouch Electric Radiant Floor Heating is easy to install - Do It Yourself with SunTouch Radiant Floor Heat. It does not cost you much, it provides heat to the floors in your home and thus be able to lower your thermostat. This alternative heating method can help save money on your heating bills.

Here is a link that might be useful: Floor Radiant Heat

o

I thought Watts made the only electric radiant floor with no EMF because of how they lay out the wires?

Here is a link that might be useful: Watts radiant floor

o

I agree with Dany, suntouch electric radiant floor heat is the best source of heating your home. It is easy to install, and can work with almost any type of flooring. It wouldn't cost you much, even you can save on heating bills.

Here is a link that might be useful: Electric Radiant Floor Heat

o

what about using it for a basement which has flooded in the past (should not recur if basement sealed well from rain but may not be able to guarantee)

o

I've used Warming Systems wire (not mat) in 4 different rooms. It's easy to install, is cheaper than the mat systems, and we've had no problems with it. Looking forward to turning it on again in a few more weeks. :-)

o

There are several systems out that are good. Suntouch is certainly one of them, as well as Laticrete's Farenheat, Warmly Yours', and Costco's system, all of which are clones of the Suntouch system, and all just as good. The only other system that I know well, and think highly of would be Nuheat's system. About the only difference in their mats from the other is the "matting" that the wires are weaved through. Whereas with the Suntouch system, it's kinda like a fishnet, with Nuheat, it's more like burlap. That's about the only difference I've seen, and I have no problem installing any of these systems. All are reliable, all have terrific product support (and I DO mean terrific), and all are priced, give or take, about the same. I guess it all depends on which is most available to you, and who's willing to give you a deal.

o

Bill

Have you heard of Thermosoft? I'm thinking about installing this in the kitchen underneath the engineered flooring. I like the idea that it doesn't require any cement over it and therefore wouldn't raise the flooring. I already have installed the flooring in other parts of the house & have stopped close to the kitchen area. However, I'm little concerned about the installation. The flooring people were NAILING & glueing down the planks & I'm assuming they are going to do the same for the kitchen.

o

I HAVE heard of them, and although I've had no experience with them, I've heard nothing bad about them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here