Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Combining laminate and wood flooring

Posted by MargeeH (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 11 at 0:41

I am planning to replace carpet with wood flooring to match teak furniture and some wooden windows. Rooms being refloored are the living room, study (BR#3), hall, master bedroom and BR#2 (currently my adult son's room). The remainder of the house is already tiled -- foyer, dining room, kitchen and laundry.
The best match I have seen is Lauzon American Cherry engineered flooring. Cherry is not considered a very hard wood, but Lauzon claims to have a good top coat, Polynium + with Titanium Traffic finish, which is sun and abrasion resistant.

I am thinking about doing the master bedroom and BR#2 in laminate due to the wear issue and also to keep down costs. I will match the wood and laminate as close as possible. They will be separate rooms and so will only be next to each other at the door ways off the hall.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Combining laminate and wood flooring

Don't do it - it will never look right. I did our hall in some lovely maple pergo which looked fabulous until we pulled up the living room carpet and refinished the original oak floor. Then it looked sooo cheap and tacky. We ended up matching the oak floor in the rest of the house except in the "wet" rooms where we tiled, instead.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here