Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does Lauzon American Cherry floor wear well?

Posted by MargeeH (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 30, 11 at 0:36

I am planning to replace carpet with wood flooring to match teak furniture and some wooden windows. Rooms being refloored are the living room, study (BR#3), hall, master bedroom and BR#2 (currently my adult son's room). The remainder of the house is already tiled -- foyer, dining room, kitchen and laundry.

The best match I have seen is Lauzon American Cherry engineered flooring. Cherry is not considered a very hard wood, but Lauzon claims to have a good top coat, Polynium + with Titanium Traffic finish, which is sun and abrasion resistant.

Does anyone have experience with this flooring?
How hard wearing is the cherry?
Would it stand up to a small dog?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does Lauzon American Cherry floor wear well?

I tried to look up the answer for you but could not find it but I do remember that my samples of the Mirage Maple and the Lauzon red oak that are much softer woods did not scratch as easily as the BR- Brazilian Cherry Floor I now have on my floor. Hardness has nothing to do with scratches but softer wood will dent more easily if something is dropped on them BUT my Brazilian Cherry floors dent also.

o

I have Lauzon engineered wood flooring and the finish is very durable!! I have red oak natural and not the American cherry that you are looking at.

We don't have any dogs, but we get plenty of foot traffic including pointed heeled shoes on occasion. It's been about 2 years and I am amazed at how well the finish is holding up.

There is a portion of flooring in the FR that gets a lot of strong afternoon sun coming through the sliding glass door. After 2 years, I cannot see any sign of fading from this sun exposure.

Dh and I have been very pleased with the quality of our Lauzon floor. Which ever floor you choose, I hope you will post a follow up. For us, it was such a good feeling to have wood flooring after years and years of old dirty carpet. I hope you enjoy your new floors as much as we have!

Laurie

o

A good poly top coat on a prefinished floor is usually fine for a small dog. The Janka scale will tell you how hard each species of wood is, but the finish is what will prevent scratches and blemishes. Cherry itself is a relatively hard domestic species, but Lauzon finishes are very durable.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Choose Wood Flooring

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here