Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryg_

3 LVP choices - not sure which is best for pets

MaryG.
9 years ago

Hi all. I'm new to this forum and I'm hoping that someone out there might steer me in the right direction!

My husband and I are renovating our entire main floor - living room, dining room, kitchen and powder room. We currently have carpet and linoleum and want to get rid of it and put down a flooring that will not only look nice but will be durable as we have 2 cats and 1 dog who enjoy chasing each other constantly.

We're looking at LVP and have narrowed the choices down to 3:
- Tarkett - Millstone Collection (Plank)
- Mannington - Adura / Adura Distinctive Plank
- Kraus - Carlota Plank

Does anyone have any experience with any of these 3 products? If so, what are your thoughts?

Is glue-down better than floating?

I've seen and read so much about LVP that my head is spinning and I need help to regain my sanity!

Thank you!

Comments (3)

• jules8
    9 years ago

i have posted before about my experience with glue down Mannington Adura. see the link. I still love it.
    it still looks great after about 6 years. I especially love that I don't have to worry about scratches like I would with wood.

I don't know about the negative comments on that thread. (I think competitors are spamming) Or maybe the product has changed in 6 years??? I don't have any floor protectors on my chairs and I have never had any scratches.
    in the kitchen and foyer, we installed a new underlayment, used Mannington glue and followed the installation instructions and have not had any come loose.
    It's been the perfect floor for us. 2 crazy slobbery dogs and wet (snowy) feet entering through the front door, and never any trouble.

Here is a link that might be useful: prior Adura thread

This post was edited by jules8 on Fri, Sep 19, 14 at 13:44

• moledro
    9 years ago

We have an LVP in our new build but it's floating. We do not like it because all the seams are starting to pull because the locking mechanism is, according to a flooring installer friend, "cheap".

If it weren't for it constantly pulling apart, I would be over the moon about ours. It's durable, beautiful and the added bonus of moisture resistant was great for an open floor plan spanning from the entrance/living room to kitchen.

Best of luck to you!

• edeevee
    9 years ago

We have the Tarkett Nafco Permastone LVP. We required a glue down floor due to uneven floors (old settling). We've only had it for six months but, so far, I am in love with the stuff. It is bullet proof. It's had paint splattered on it (peeled right off), a heavy platter dropped from counter height (not even a mark) and our new dog not only chases the poor old cat, but has relieved himself on it a couple of times (!). Nothing harms this stuff. Plus, it looks enough like wood that a couple of guests have actually reached down to touch it, just to be sure. You can't go wrong.