Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
asantero_gw

wood look tile

asantero
10 years ago

I am currently building a new home and I would like some advise on wood look tile. I would like to have it across our entire main floor. Any one had great results with their wood tile? did you use an in floor heating mat?

Comments (4)

• txteddi
    10 years ago

my son used the laminate wood flooring planks, it has held up well, but is noisy and cold. He has also used the wood look lanolium type plank tiles 30 yr warranty... he has had it for @5 years... LOVES it
    We put the lanoluim type planks down for my mom ( after son had good results) last year....so far , she is happy

This was in Texas...... so no heating mats used

• StoneTech
    10 years ago

"Wood Look" TIle is available at Lowe's for a reasonable price. You need to get down to the slab and make it reasonably flat before installing it, though...

• anniegirl9
    10 years ago

Are you talking about ceramic tile?
    I just bought that to go in my kitchen, but I haven't installed it yet. We are teplacing dated tile that is otherwise in good condition. I originally picked out a laminate in a dark, hand scrapped walnut finish, but after thinking about it, it seemed like a down grade to go from tile to laminate and we were concerned about how the laminate would hold up in a kitchen. Nothing against laminate. We have it in other areas of the house and they are looking more and more like real wood, but we've seen what water damage does to it. Anyway, the tile is almost the same color as the laminate, but doesn't have as much variation.

• Sms
    10 years ago

I've been looking at porcelain wood look tiles for our first level (on slab) floor. Be sure to go with a rectified tile so you can minimize grout. Haven't decided yet but just got free samples from build.com. I like their house brand Cabot Redwood series-- especially in Mahogany. It looks really good in the small sample and is $2.90/sq ft not including shipping.

I am having my GC talk to the floor guy to see if he thinks its good quality. I'd highly reccomend getting your flooring done by an experienced pro. They sometime refuse to use owner provided material or at least refuse to guarantee their work.

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area