Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Opinions of woodlook tile and would you put it next to real wood?

Posted by belugacoop (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 25, 11 at 23:25

I've looked through all the postings and can't find any info or pics of ceramic wood look tile. Im thinking about putting it in the kitchen that it next to the den which is engineered merbau. All of the wood tile I'm seeing is about 5-6inx24. I was thinking maybe this would work bc a lot of gw's say to not try to match existing floors. I haven't found other tile that I like and nervous abt continuing wood in the kitchen because the family has been really rough on the wood in the den.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Opinions of woodlook tile and would you put it next to real w

I really don't see the appeal of the wood look ceramic tile, but it must be popular, because everybody is making it.

Just me, but I wouldn't like to put it up against real wood. If you like it, then go for it. You're the one that has to live there, not anybody else.

o
RE: Opinions of woodlook tile and would you put it next to real w

If I were you I would use matching hardwood in the kitchen (I've had hardwood in my kitchen for 10 years and it's in great shape) or go with a tile. I just don't think putting anything with a wood texture next to wood is attractive

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here