Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janetraz

Im so overwelmed

janetraz
11 years ago

My needs are very simple. I have a 2000 sq ft home that needs new flooring thru out. I want carpet in the bedrooms and wood look tile thru out. I need everything done, furniture removal, flooring removal. I have been to Lowes and a big flooring co. in our state. I have stated my needs. Its a big project. I have been met with total non helpful clerks. I project this to be a 10,000. project, yet no one seems to want to help me, or shows any interest in a sale. Where should I go where someone has an interest in my project? I live in Phoenix, Az

Comments (5)

• colorfast
    11 years ago

I feel your pain. We are looking at HD and at an independent store for carpeting and I am finding the carpeting terms and standards very confusing. There is a third independent store in a nearby town, but I've heard the service is better there. I may road-trip over there.

A couple of thoughts: For tile, I would look for an independent installer. Look at yelp.com or Angie's list for an independent store that sells tile, and an independent contractor to install it.

As always, contractors working on your home should have a contractor's board license and willingly give you their ID number so you can check them out online.

For myself with the carpeting, I want to get these so-called warranties in writing. If it is not entirely spelled out on the contract/receipt, I will be writing out their promises above where I sign and asking them to initial it.

• janetraz
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for responding colorfast. I have been asking people for references and have received a couple. I do need to check out Angie's list. I guess I'm just thinking that folks at the flooring stores would be jumping to help me, but that just hasn't been the case. Is flooring doing so well that everyone just has a ho-hum attitude, lol? I happened to drive thru a strip mall down the street from me yest. and noticed a flooring store. I'm going to visit tom. Thanks again your advice. The carpeting thing is the worst. I have in mind what I want, yet like you say, it really does have to be in writing. The carpet in my house has been a workhorse. It is the original custom builder carpet. It is 15 yrs. old. It has stood up very well to our rural, animal lifestyle. I'd use it again. I just don't know what it is.

• tinacarpet
    11 years ago

Hello there, if you still have a problem with the carpet thing, maybe I can help you. We made carpets for customers with their ideas and designs, you can request a sample from us with your ideas, and we will send you pictures before shipping. If you wish to see our designs, please contact flyingzwt@gmail.com

Thanks

• StoneTech
    11 years ago

Just check in with a couple of tile stores. Ask them to recommend one or two of their best installers.

• cindywhitall
    11 years ago

My son used to work in flooring at lowes. He got his transfer into the dept then 1 month later they took away the commissions system. This was back in feb here in NJ. Maybe that is why they are less helpful. No incentive to do more than write up your order. He left in march due to other reason,s but the pay change was part of it.