Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hand-scraped Floors

Posted by mona123 (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 4, 11 at 21:45

Anyone care to share their experience with this type of flooring? We are looking at "American Expressions" Hickory handscraped-distressed hardwood but are a little leery about the potential for too many lines from the handscrape technique.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hand-scraped Floors

I didn't like the usual "handscraped" wood, which is really done by machine, (more like parallel ridges) but chose one that has more random distressing. I have only had it for 3 weeks, and actually my dogs have yet to harm it, but expect it to be real easy to touch up and blend in with the rest of the wood. My biggest problem is dust bunnies!

o

Yes, that sounds like exactly what I am looking for but am having a hard time finding both styles together. Still looking though. Can you tell me what brand yours is?

o

It is made by Bella Cera, and we got hickory wood, the color is Bologna. They have many colors, woods, and grades but it is all the same type of distressing. You can google them and read about it. Here are a couple of pics. The flash makes the color variations stronger, it actually looks more subtle in person. http://s1191.photobucket.com/albums/z468/musicteacher1/new floors/?start=all

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here