Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicolel27

Laminate coming up, help!! Please

nicoleL27
9 years ago

Hello, i am currently renting a home, my landlord is very old and unfortunately sick so I try to bug him as little as possible. I am trying to find a solution to the problem that doesn't involve me damaging anything. My landlord had laid down what I think is laminate, wood looking flooring on top of the hard wood floors. I am not sure that there is anything in between the two. The problem is he had placed something around all the walls to hold it down and something on all the door ways. All but the bathroom was done because the bathroom is about a half an inch lower than the laminate. Problem is the steam (I think) has made the laminate start coming up. I looked at Home Depot for something to use but couldn't find anything and the employees were not helpful. As silly as it sounds I even tried squeezing some wood glue under there but that didn't work. The problem started months ago and I have kidna been brushing it off but now it is started to spread to the next laminate board. It seems the only thing I can do is nail them. My question is, is that ok? If there is nothing in between the laminate and the hardwood floors will his hardwood be ruined by a nail? Is there anything else I can do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry this is so long.

Comments (4)