Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone hear of Samoan Mahagony floors

Posted by hanly2 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 1, 10 at 18:47

I was at the flooring supply place with my contractor and they had a floor called Samoan Mahogany, it looked very nice was a stained floor not natural but nice none the less, It was not by a name brand, but was a item that they sold as their stock. The price is right, but I just don't know much about the wood and can't find to much about it online?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone hear of Samoan Mahagony floors

I did some research for you. This seems to be the flooring: "Johnson's Flooring Carnaval Collection Samoan Mahogany Mocha 4-3/4in Solid" It looks like Asian Mahogany stained. To me it can be a soft wood species. Please find out the real species name with seller and Janka hardness rating.

o

That is all the info I could find as well. The janka rating is supposed to be 1600. It didn't look to be stained the color ran all the way through the boards. I did a little test and dropped a wrench on it and some bruce oak, and the samoan is def harder, we are going to go with it and take the chance that it is good because it is so nice looking. I guess we could always refinish it if the finish isn't up to par.

o

Hi Hanly2. Please share your experience with us when your flooring project is done.Thank you!

o

Bump

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here