Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
two different woods in two different rooms

Posted by dfreddy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 27, 12 at 16:27

Going crazy deciding on a floor.

We are remodeling our kitchen and Dining room. My kitchen and Dr are all one big room. which opens up to our living room and in there we have brazilian Birch 5 inch wood planks.

First my husband wanted all tile in the room. I did not i think it is to cold and hard. Then i wanted to do wood in dr and tile in kitchen, but there is no point in the room that would make that look right.

So then we were looking at Armstrong Vinyl Luxury Tile that looks like ceramic. It looks really good and is soft on your feet and warm.

Then someone suggested putting a different shade of wood floor in the Kitchen and DR. The floor we have in the living room is to close to the cabinets we picked out for the kitchen.

Has anyone seen two different woods in two rooms close to each other.

Would appreciate the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: two different woods in two different rooms

In the past year or two, we have experienced more people putting in Cork floorings in the kitchen while keep other floor coverings in other rooms. You may consider the same. It is comfortable and durable. Here are some pics to share.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ipocork Lisbon Onyx in a Kitchen with golden oak flooring on rest of the mainfloor

o

Hi:
We were thinking about Cork Flooring. But i seen old cork flooring in showrooms and it did not hold up well.
Thank you.

o

Put on the same wood you used elsewhere or choose all tile with a warming system underneath it. Two different woods never looks cohesive.

o

I am not sure about putting the same wood thru out the whole room. If i could find a point in my Kitchen and DR where i can split wood in the Dining Room and tile in the kitchen i would be really happy. My husban said it could not be done since there is no break point between the two. It is one big open space.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here