Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
buckled parquet floors

Posted by cwc000 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 8, 08 at 16:10

Six months ago my dining room parquet floors were flooded.
The floors buckled and I was told to wait and see if the
parquet would lay down. My parquet supplier came by
yesterday and with a handheld meter tested the floor and
told me the floor had not dried out. He advised me to
put fans directed where the buckle appeared. My son questioned the probability of moisture staying under the
parquet six months. Could the parquet still not be dried
out after 6 months? I have a slab foundation. And since
I am buying fans what fans would you suggest?
Thanks for your reply.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: buckled parquet floors

My concern would be mold forming under the floor~this could become a real health issue. Even if the floor has dried out completely, what's to say the mold hasn't already formed? The sealer that was put on by the manufacturer may have also been weakened. I see two potential problems here. Good luck.

o
RE: buckled parquet floors

Whether or not a floor installed on a concrete slab suffers a 'water event'...there still is the issue of rising moisture in a concrete slab in contact with the earth. Was the slab tested for the presence of moisture vapor, and...if so...what were the readings?

Concrete is a porous and will soak up moisture from above and/or below. You may have a problem that may or not be related to that water event.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here