Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Malaccan cherry

Posted by GHN_ (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 15, 11 at 15:15

We are in the process of remodel our house and will put hardwood floor throughout. We love the Brazilian cherry but the price is over our price range. Found the Malaccan cherry at a more affordable cost but couldn't find any info about this wood. Has anyone had experience with this that you could share? We also tried to look for the hardness rating of this wood but didn't find anything either.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Malaccan cherry

Malaccan Cherry is from the forests of Malaysia. I don't know whether or not the specie is legally sourced. That is all I will tell you.

o

Hi all! Malaccan Cherry is also known as Tuan. It is the tree Pometia Pinnata. It is sold by Lumber Liquidators as Malaccan Cherry, but it is also the source of Figi Lychee fruit and grows all over Southeast Asia, India, Papua New Guinea, Australia, Viet Nam, and on and on. You can search Alibaba.com and find vendors! It is sold in pots in Florida at HD. It grows like crazy and is not endangered. We bought from Lumber Liquidators and it is milled by Dura-Wood (a Lumber Liquidators brand) and we picked it up last week. Very pretty and has a janka rating of 1900. Supposed to be harder than red oak. We'll see. You can find two reviews of it on the LL site.

o

Hi,
I'm considering getting Taun flooring, looked at what Lumber Liquidator has and some by a company called Bella Cera. How are your floors holding up? any pics you can share? RMH123 What was your experience with LL and their product? Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here