Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shannon01_gw

Anyone use Uniboard laminate flooring from HD??

Shannon01
16 years ago

We are looking at the Amazon Cherry. It already has the red foam layer on it. Last house we used Pergo Presto and had to lay the foam. Not a problem, just an extra step to do. Our house already has laminate but it was laid poorly and we do not like the color. So we already know what the room will feel like and look like. I will of course lay the poly layer because it is cement and I am always extra cautious.

I know this is a Canadian company but that is it. I have to special order it from HD.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments (12)

• Shannon01
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bringing back up.

• jerry_t
    16 years ago

Imo you would be way ahead of the game using the pergo Presto because of the Uniclic joinery system. I've used that other brand and I to fight it the whole way.

• cindymao129
    16 years ago

As one of the largest manufacturers of Curve Wood Flooring in China, we shall be pleased to establish a long-term business relations with you.

Our products include Multi-layer Engineered Flooring, 2¡¢3-layer engineered flooring, Solid Wood Flooring, laminate flooring and also Bamboo flooring for heating system. More details you can get from our website: www.curvewoodfloor.com.

Now please allow me to introduce one of our best Products: Oak Distressed, Curve Multi-layer Engineered Flooring. The details are attached.

Should any of our items be of interest to you, please let us know. We will be happy to give you a quotation upon receipt of your detailed requirements.

Your prompt specific inquiries will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Cindy
    International Department
    Jilin City Qiaosen Wood Flooring Industry Co., Ltd
    Business Address: A1002 Room, Beiqi City Plaza, No.1 Guanghua Road, Jilin City,Jilin Province,China
    Tel:86-0432-2531968(ext8)
    Fax:86-0432-2531968(ext2)
    Msn: cindy-qiaosen @hotmail.com

Here is a link that might be useful: http://www.curvewoodfloor.com

• steve_o
    16 years ago

Cindy, if you ever check back here ... commercial postings are not allowed on these forums.

• Shannon01
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Steve O!

Cindymao... you did not answer my question at all. Instead you wasted my time in reading your reply about a product that I clearly did not ask you about. Please do not solicit business on this forum. Thanks.

Jerry- I found the pergo easy to install once we got the hang of the clicking. We are looking at the uniboard due to the color being more what we want than what pergo offered. I tried to click some boards together the other day and it seemed pretty ok to do. Did you like the performance of the product? Scratch, chip, fade? Mostly I am concerned about the scratching. Thanks.

• magmae
    16 years ago

Is this what u r looking for www.uniboardsurfaces.com?
    If it is, sam's club carries them. they have a better selection online.
    I have used the lock n seal advanced that comes with the underlayment and love it.

• bluesale
    15 years ago

I am looking for laminate flooring for my whole house and found a pergo special orer at Lowes and a Mohawk special order at Lowes, similar color, what is the better quality company. I heard uniboard is the sister company of Pergo, does anyone know where to buy it besides Sam's club, I am not a member of Sam's club.

thank you

• katyalm
    9 years ago

Never use the product of Uniboard as it terrible and this company's customer service is one of the worst. Home Depot is selling this product under the name of HDC which is one of the worst quality and they sell as a custom order. DO NOT dream of buying this company's product unless you want to repent after spending hard earned money

• millworkman
    9 years ago

katyalm, if you wish to join one day and post a bad review about a [product on a 3-1/2 year old thread the least you can do to make it believable is to give some reason why you feel this way about said product?

• sjshand
    9 years ago

Canadianeh

Bought 42 boxes of uniboard last fall and installed in LR, DR and hall. Now the seams are coming apart. Called uniboard and was told the humidity in my house was below 30%, not!

They then said I did not put them together properly, not nested right. I advised them that I used a mallet to join them tightly, their response, I broke the locking mechanism. Seems they had an excuse for everything and without seeing the floor, made sure it was installer error and would do nothing! very poor response to a definite problem!

I have asked Home Hardware to help in this situation

• cindybel
    6 years ago

My husband and I installed uninoard flooring last winter,we have had to problems.We live in Northern Ontario with harsh weather.We also have a large dog and it’s been over a year and it looks great still

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County