Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mannington Adura Distinctive Plank Installation (Photos)

Posted by ozziepuppy (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 9, 10 at 13:35

We just had Mannington Adura Distinctive Plank Ashford Walnut (color: "Foxwood") installed. We had a hard time deciding on a product from the little samples, so I thought others might find it helpful to see some photos of an actual installation. We had it professionally installed. We chose to have it glued down on ULAY (new plywood) underlayment, but it also comes in a "Loc'n'Go" version (floating). Anyway, here are some photos. Hope they are helpful to others trying to decide on a floor.

New ULAY being installed:

CIMG0226

Installation in process. Note the many boxes lying opened on the fireplace hearth. They were delivered several days prior to installation so the vinyl could acclimate to the temperature and humidity of the home.

CIMG0229

CIMG0231

Rolling the planks with the 3-part, 100-pound roller.

CIMG0240

Installation nearly complete. Later steps included replacing baseboards, adding quarter round to the base of the fireplace, adding dark caulk around the stair railing, and cleaning the floor.

CIMG0242

We are pleased with the way the floor looks. It is somewhat dark, but we could not find a lighter color that did not clash with the oak woodwork that was already there. The darker color does show dust and dog hair, but it is extremely easy to clean. I have been using a microfiber mop, but just ordered a Bissell Versus stick vacuum that should make that even easier. I can tell it will require a daily "sweep-through" but it takes less than 10 minutes (much easier than vacuuming carpet). We chose the Adura because it contains aluminum oxide in the wear layer (microscopic clear ceramic beads). We chose a pattern in the Distinctive Plank collection because it had the graining and texture. The Adura does have fairly frequent pattern repeats; we were pleased to have an installer who was very careful about randomizing both the pattern repeats and the plank lengths. We investigated Allure, Novalis, Duraplank, Konecto, Karndean, and Adura prior to making a decision. There are a lot of good choices; I am not trying to "push" the Mannington Adura. I just thought that since we have nearly completed the process, this information might be helpful to others. So far we are very pleased with this floor.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mannington Adura Distinctive Plank Installation (Photos)

I was very interested in your post since I am researching vinyl plank flooring to install in the condo I am remodeling. Mannington Adura sounds great--but I have a question. I am mobility impaired--use a walker--and fear slippery floors. I need some slide--but not too much. How is the Adura surface? Thanking you in advance.

o
RE: Mannington Adura Distinctive Plank Installation (Photos)

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting pics! I've been trying to decide between the Adura Walnut or Adura Hickory, and your photos and information are so helpful. I have a wonderful dog who sheds golden fur everyday, and I wondered if the Walnut may be too dark and reveal EVERY strand. I was considering one shade lighter than the Foxwood, but after your comments I think I may go for the Hickory. Your floor looks beautiful.

Also, now that you've had it a couple of months, would you still choose vinyl planks if you had it to do over? Thanks again for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here