Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ozziepuppy_gw

Mannington Adura Distinctive Plank Installation (Photos)

ozziepuppy
13 years ago

We just had Mannington Adura Distinctive Plank Ashford Walnut (color: "Foxwood") installed. We had a hard time deciding on a product from the little samples, so I thought others might find it helpful to see some photos of an actual installation. We had it professionally installed. We chose to have it glued down on ULAY (new plywood) underlayment, but it also comes in a "Loc'n'Go" version (floating). Anyway, here are some photos. Hope they are helpful to others trying to decide on a floor.

New ULAY being installed:

Installation in process. Note the many boxes lying opened on the fireplace hearth. They were delivered several days prior to installation so the vinyl could acclimate to the temperature and humidity of the home.

Rolling the planks with the 3-part, 100-pound roller.

Installation nearly complete. Later steps included replacing baseboards, adding quarter round to the base of the fireplace, adding dark caulk around the stair railing, and cleaning the floor.

We are pleased with the way the floor looks. It is somewhat dark, but we could not find a lighter color that did not clash with the oak woodwork that was already there. The darker color does show dust and dog hair, but it is extremely easy to clean. I have been using a microfiber mop, but just ordered a Bissell Versus stick vacuum that should make that even easier. I can tell it will require a daily "sweep-through" but it takes less than 10 minutes (much easier than vacuuming carpet). We chose the Adura because it contains aluminum oxide in the wear layer (microscopic clear ceramic beads). We chose a pattern in the Distinctive Plank collection because it had the graining and texture. The Adura does have fairly frequent pattern repeats; we were pleased to have an installer who was very careful about randomizing both the pattern repeats and the plank lengths. We investigated Allure, Novalis, Duraplank, Konecto, Karndean, and Adura prior to making a decision. There are a lot of good choices; I am not trying to "push" the Mannington Adura. I just thought that since we have nearly completed the process, this information might be helpful to others. So far we are very pleased with this floor.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio