Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinker1121

Suggestions needed for transition from LVT in kitchen to carpet

tinker1121
9 years ago

I love my new Shaw Array Resort vinyl tile but not the cheap brass colored metal transition piece the installer nailed to it. It is not flat and is just not attractive.

Please suggest other types of tranistion pieces we could put on the edge of the vinyl tiles where the kitchen meets the carpeted living room.

Pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments (10)

• User
    9 years ago

Bind the carpet edge, and use a Schluter edge for the vinyl. We used Schluter for everything when we redid our showroom. It separates all of the different sections of wood, vinyl, or tile.

• PRO
    Carpet One Columbia
    9 years ago

Type Versatrim into your search engine and you will find the right transition. They have an answer for about any LVT transition and circumstance.

Good Luck!

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Live wire it is too late for that. Floor installed and meets the existing wall to wall carpet.

Mrobvious, that stuff looks great but is it all wood look? Color of floor is basically a cream colored vinyl travertine look.

• PRO
    Carpet One Columbia
    9 years ago

Look at Burmese Slate # 203. It looks like a cream colored travertine look. Also search Pedross America - you can contact them, tell them the style, color, and manufacturer and they can match the LVT transition exactly for you. Hope this helps!

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I still cannot locate a source where I can order a reducer or transition for the doorway where the vinyl tile meets the carpet. There are none I can find to match the Shaw Array Resort Tile Sunlit Sand I have.
    Mrobvious, who makes the Burmese Slate #23 please,
    The floor has already been installed and flooring store will come back and replace the cheap metal strip when I find the right piece as they don't carry anything for LVT.
    This is a picture of the doorway, cabinet color and LVT before it was grouted.
    Thanks!
    Can I use a wooden one or wood tone that matches the color of the oak cabinets there or would that not look right?

This post was edited by tinker1121 on Thu, Oct 16, 14 at 5:56

• flora2b
    9 years ago

This is off subject some, but I really like the stain color on your oak cabinets....do you know what it is?
    Thanks

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks flora but the cabinets are almost 25 years old and are Kraftmaid and I don't remember the color. They darkened with age and really seemed to pop when adding the granite, backsplash and a new floor.

Didn't even have any big box stores back then and purchased from an independent cabinet store that sold Kraftmaid.

• nessabea
    8 years ago

what grout color did you end up using on the LVT? insta;lling the same and torn between Canvas and Bone...could you post a post-grout pic? Thanks!

• tinker1121
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Floor is made by Shaw and they used a Congoleum grout which they had in stock called Golden Harvest. The name scared me a bit but not gold at all and a great match to the darkest shading on the tile pattern. It appears lighter than it is in this picture.

• nessabea
    8 years ago

Thank you!