Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dupont Sorona and Mohawk SmartStrand Carpet

Posted by gigabit (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 26, 09 at 12:48

I read the earleir post on this forum about Dupont's new Sorona Carpet. I have also read else where (see link below) that Mohawk SmartStrand carpet is the only company with this special carpet technology... 'is only available with Mohawk Carpets'

Is this true?

Here is a link that might be useful: Mohawk SmartStrand Carpet

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dupont Sorona and Mohawk SmartStrand Carpet

Yes.

o

Just had it installed a couple of weeks ago and we absolutely love it!! It wasn't even 24 hours before my daughter dropped spaghetti sauce and my dog vomited on it and both times it cleaned up with just water. It's so soft, I caught my daughter (she's 20!) making "carpet angels" on it.

o

It is also available in karastan Carpet....Altough karastan is owned by Mohawk...

o

I am so new here and am not sure where to post my question -- maybe you can help. Another question about Aladdin Silk at Home Depot-- I brought samples home and on the samples is written "Mohawk smartStrand BCF 3GT polyester with Dupont Sorona". I guess I am confused since I interpreted a prior post on another thread to mean that Aladdin was made with the Canadian PTT SmartStrand which wasn't Sorona. Does is make any difference in real life?? Also --Does anyone know the relative DENSITY between Aladdin Silk, Command I and II, and the Organic Luxury line? How would one judge quality between the lines? Thank you, Thank you soooooo much!

o

Maedie - Home Depot's products are labelled differently than at other stores. What you read is true about the Aladdin Smartstrand, except at Home Depot.

o

Doing some blogging I happened upon a Karastan Smartstrand Carpet Sale. Up to $3 off per foot, but it doesn't sound like it is offered by all stores. So is Karastan better than Mohawk?

Here is a link that might be useful: Karastran SmartStrand Carpet Sale

o

How does Organic Luxury line compare to premier srn04 Lucky Star from Lowes?? Is the quality the same???

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here