Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On the search for rustic wood flooring!

Posted by HeatherKB6 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 12:40

I'm on the search for rustic wood flooring and need any suggestions you have! We're building a house and looking for medium-medium/dark wood, wide plank (7+ in. ideally) with a rustic, natural feel that ideally wouldn't break the bank either ($7-8/sq. feet range?) Are there any suggestions out there? We'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On the search for rustic wood flooring!

I personally think you are going to have a hard time finding pre finish in that size for your price range. You might be able to find raw wood for that price but you going to be looking at more money for install and sanding.

o

I personally think you are going to have a hard time finding pre finish in that size for your price range. You might be able to find raw wood for that price but you going to be looking at more money for install and sanding.

o

"Teka" Hardwood Flooring has a collection called "Landscrape" which comes in 7" to 8" wide, 3/4" thick, 7' plus long. It is priced well.

o

Where are you located? We have lots of wood flooring and ceilings in our home, sourced from "Old Wood" in Las Vegas, NM. They're a very green company, family owned, and employ local people in the factory. Made in USA all the way.

When we went to the company to choose our wood there were beautiful stair treads and risers in a stack, ready to ship. I commented on them and the owner said, "Yeah, those are for Ted Turner's ranch." You owe it to yourselves to at least look at the Old Wood website (very home-made), link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Wood in Las Vegas, NM

o

Thanks everyone! I found some Bella Cera wood in the Amalfi Coast collection for $7/sq. foot. Anyone have any experience with it? I really like the rustic wood, but would prefer it to not be semi-gloss. Thanks!

o

Semi-gloss is nice but you should consider the traffic level in the room. If you have pets or children, daily cleaning will be required of semi-gloss floors.

Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Other hardwood options

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here