Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
vinyl squares or ceramic

Posted by elizkral (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 12:33

Is there a vinyl or laminate square that looks like ceramic tile?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: vinyl squares or ceramic

Yes several brands. HD carries the Allure brand.

o

HD offered a groutable vinyl tile that came with a specific grout to be used. I laid two floors using this tile and they look very much like ceramic tile. It was the best discovery I had made in a long while. But....I purchased tile for a third floor without getting the grout at the same time. My big mistake...when I went back for the grout I found they had discontinued it. Not the tile but the grout. This tile and grout was "exclusive" to HD.
They offer an alternative grout but no one there was able to vouch for it. It also only came sanded and I had previously used non-sanded grout. I'm now in the process of trying to find a suitable non-sanded grout to finish my third floor. How can they offer half a product ? They called it a reset.

o

I personally don't like any textured flooring due to cleaning difficulty. When I bought a new house 5 years ago I got a lino that looked like wood. It looks so much like wood, guests compliment me on the wood flooring. I had tile at my last house, but thankfully only for the bathroom and entry way floor. I hated it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here