Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
azlady_gw

what color carpet w/Saltillo tile?

azlady
13 years ago

We're having trouble trying to choose a carpet color that would go with our Saltillo tile. The tile is in the kitchen/family room and all hallways. So we want the carpet in the bedrooms and living room to work well with this, but it's proving a difficult task for us to choose. Does anyone have any pointers to give?

I have a feeling we have a ceramic tile that looks like saltillo, it's the light colored type, like what's in the link.

Here is a link that might be useful: saltillo tile

Comments (5)

• desertsteph
    13 years ago

there are a lot of options out there - have you taken a tile to a carpet store and looked with it in hand?

you'll probably need to go with a beige or grey. or if you could take a blue thru out all of the rooms that would look good. it's good with that tile color - but I don't like blue myself.

what colors will you have in the LR or FR? sofa?

are you sure you want carpet? are you in AZ? hot area or cooler?

• art_teacher_mom
    13 years ago

My first instinct is a dark, warm, gold color. (Not necessarily yellow, but with a lot of tan in it.) You'll definitely want to bring some sample boards home.

BUT, I would like to know what color the grout is, what color the walls are, as well as the baseboards. Also what color wood tones do you have in your furniture?

• azlady
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The grout is a dark, dark grey. We will paint the walls & baseboards so we are wide open with color scheme. Our furniture is more on the dark walnut or mahogany side.

I found Behr "light incense" paint which I really like and looks good with the tile (although the online version looks nothing like the paint sample), cream color for the baseboards.

We are leaning toward a desaturated "french cream" slightly patterned berber carpet. It's not too yellow and has enough magenta in it to give a warmer feeling to pick up from the tile.

We are in AZ and a lot of people here do the saturated western colors. Personnaly, I like having walls more of an accent to my furnishings.

• art_teacher_mom
    13 years ago

I think that berber sounds fine!
    (Although, if you have pets, I'd rethink it. The house we just bought had berber in it and the cat has ruined it. We were going to take it out anyway, but...)
    Glad you have darker wood furniture. If it were cherry or oak I think it would compete too much with the warm tones of the tile.
    You're right on with your thinking of being wide open for the paint. It's the easiest thing to pick, right?

• HU-499852249
    2 years ago

I need help in choosing carpet color for bedrooms

the rest of house is saltillo tiles and grout is salmon

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz