Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mkoplmn_gw

wecork floors & denting - all cork floors dent?

mkoplmn
9 years ago

I'm considering cork floors for my kitchen remodel. My research brought me to this long and informative blog post: http://www.thissortaoldlife.com/2011/10/14/everything-you-really-need-to-know-about-cork-flooring/

The blog poster recommended the following reputable brands: Wicanders, WE Cork, Globus, Torly's.

"Several cork brands seem to have a good reputation. We went with Wicanders for price and availability. The WE cork looked and felt almost exactly the same as the Wicanders, and if we could have gotten a better deal on it we would have been happy to go with it. " -- Blogger

I was able to obtain samples of WE Cork's "Canyon" floating floor, but much to my disappointment, the sample failed my first test. I put it under the plastic-capped leg of my dining room chair and noticed several dents after sitting on it for about 20 minutes. I then put it under the plastic rolling legs (one of five spokes) on my office chair. This did not dent the sample, but I did notice several scratches.

I performed the test about a week ago, and the dents are still visible. Even the dents I made with my fingernails are still visible. I don't understand how it could scratch this easily...The blogger said that he/she dragged a quarter across cork samples and was unable to damage them.

How disappointing. I really wanted cork for my kitchen, and WE Cork seemed like such a reputable brand (and on sale for less than $5/SF!). Do all cork floors dent this easily?

Comments (3)