Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the best way to fix a chipped corner edge of tile?

Posted by Adrienne2011 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 1, 11 at 8:06

Hi there,
The tile in my master bedroom closet, which we converted to become a laundry room as well, was grouted on Thursday. Between that time and yesterday, the corner piece of tile that makes up the washer/dryer surround got chipped a little. Picture a slightly raised (about an inch or so) area of the closet in which the washer and dryer sits - it has a sloped "basin", which is tiled, and a drain. It's similar to the floor of a tiled shower stall. Anyway, what's a good way to fix this small chip? If they add grout to that spot, will it later disintegrate into small particles? Must they remove that piece of tile?

I'm asking because I don't have a clue who chipped it. It could have been the workers when they installed the washer and dryer, or it could have been my husband when he installed the closet rods yesterday.

Thanks, everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the best way to fix a chipped corner edge of tile?

best way to repair a chipped tile is to take it out and put in a new one

o
RE: What is the best way to fix a chipped corner edge of tile?

It really is not a big deal for that to be replaced.If the tile layer is a good person..he will just take care of it for you or do it for a song and then your eyes will not continually go to it. Its new, your bugged by it and there is only one way to make you happy....replace it. Good Luck

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here