Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phrozenphoenix

Possible Asbestos from pulling up floor!

phrozenphoenix
12 years ago

Ok so I tore the carpet out of the house (built in 1970) I just bought and discovered vinyl tiles underneath which I then proceeded to pull up, not thinking anything of it. After getting it all up, I was told it could possibly contain asbestos as old as it was.

Now I'm freaked about going back in the house. Doing a lot of research on asbestos tiles afterwards, I'm almost positive it's in these tiles and/or glue. The good thing was the tiles came up pretty well. I tore a number of them that were stuck really good that I broke into pieces but I didn't sand or anything like that...

I wanna put down hard wood flooring... But I'm scared it's gonna stay in there. What should I do? I tried looking up on google but usually, their answers are for BEFORE you do something like this. Not after you realize it when it's all done. What would you do in this situation? I'm already feakin out that I'm gonna die before I even pay the house off (30 year loan.. about the time it takes for you to know if you're sick. So I can pay the house off and die, weee).

Comments (3)