Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lexmomof3

? about density of Mohawks Smartstrand carpet

lexmomof3
10 years ago

We're looking at Mohawk's Smartstrand carpet. I want a short to medium strand frieze. Our builder (custom home) uses Builder's Wholesale for carpet so we made an appointment to select our carpet. Before going in, I read the forums, did a little research and checked out Lowes to get a feel for the Smartstrand carpet. The salesperson at Builder's Wholesale didn't seem to have many options for smartstrand in a frieze so we only looked at two. The better of the two (Adair Hollow from the Portico collection) had a density of 1995 and twist of 5.5. There wasn't a face weight listed. While at Lowes, we really liked the Pender. It had a face weight of 48 but didn't give density nor twist so I can't compare the two. Mohawk's website is of no help as I'm having a hard time finding Pender (Lowes) on the website. When I look at the density of other frieze carpets on the Mohawk website, they all have a density level of "less" when looking at the scale under the specifications tab. So, my question is - Is the Adair frieze with a density of 1995 and twist of 5.5 a good carpet? Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments (4)