Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moisture Protection for Engineered wood on new slab

Posted by jnh004 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 2, 11 at 0:09

We are having Engineered wood floors layed in our kitchen. Part of the kitchen is a newly poured concrete slab. It was poured at the beginning of July. In another spot my contractor had to bust up the slab to relocate our drain vent pipe. He used a bag of concrete to fill the hole, so that is NEW new. SOO, my question is what do we do to ensure our floors are protected from moisture? We do not have time to let the slabs completely dry. Those two spots are really my only concerns. Is it enough to lay down the plastic vapor barrier sheeting you can buy from Lowe's or is it necessary to purchase that Bostik's vapor goo stuff? And while I am asking questions, am I good to go with an adhesive from Lowes? If you can tell, I hate to spend so much money on adhesives and goos!!! Thank you in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moisture Protection for Engineered wood on new slab

Can't comment. Don't know what plastic barrier sheeting you're talking about, nor how your engineered is going to be installed.

o
RE: Moisture Protection for Engineered wood on new slab

You might consider Bone Dry sealer. I have not used this product but know people that do use it regularly and are pleased with it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here