Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black laminate floor

Posted by cholette (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 0:05

I have been looking at laminate floor for my new house. I was looking through some close outs and found some charcoal/black laminate floor at a great price.It is starting to grow on me. Any one have black floors? What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black laminate floor

You'd have to be a complete masochist to live with black floors. They would never ever look clean and you'd either be continually dust mopping, or give up and let them look always dirty.

o

Run, run fast AWAY from black flooring of any kind. It's beautiful for about 5 minutes after you hand clean it (hands and knees- water marks & dust spots show). You will grow to hate it so fast...

We had black amtico tiles laid in kitchen of our house (hubby picked it out). That tile, at the time, was more expensive than the whole rest of the house combined (berber carets, decent sheet vinyl- don't judge, it was over 20 years ago). The black needed to be waxed weekly to look it's best. I'd spend one entire weekend every single month stripping OFF that same wax. Ended up putting cheap parquet tile over it.

o

Black Laminate flooring is stain- and fade-resistant and has a tendency to repel water. It's an extremely hard and durable surface, but it is possible to scratch it. It's not possible to repair the actual scratches when they occur, so be sure to buy extra material with your initial purchase and hold onto it in case you'll need it later.

o

I have to disagree. I had DuPont Real Touch laminate planks that mimic black slate tile installed in my kitchen this summer and I love it. I replaced ceramic tile which to me never looked clean no matter how often I mopped. I am very happy with mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here