Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
las23_gw

Grout Boost

LAS23
13 years ago

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever tried a product called Grout Boost? The guy from the tile shop said it is great and we should use it and no need to seal. I was wondering if anyone has any advise for me on using this product or if we should just use regular grout and seal. Appreciate any feedback!

Comments (6)

• houseful
    13 years ago

I just heard about this today. Did you end up using it? Does anyone have any feedback??

• SadieSadie
    12 years ago

We just bought it. Haven't tried it yet. Any updates from anyone? We tiled our family room and kitchen. Since I'm a messy cook, I want to know if I should seal the tile instead of using this product. Am planning to grout on Monday. Would appreciate any input.

• janealexa
    12 years ago

bump

• salemagnet28
    11 years ago

I have used Grout Boost. Here is my experience....hope it helps someone.

It costs about $40 a bottle (not cheap), which is supposed to be enough product for a 25 lb. bag of grout....hardly. You need close to 2 bottles to get it spreadable. The directions say to add only up to 12 oz. water if it isn't the desired consistency. Following the directions, I could not get the grout to a good spreadable consistency without adding more than 12 oz. water.

It also sets up very quickly, getting so stiff that you have to add water and re-mix several times throughout the grouting process to be able to spread it between the tiles nicely without a crumbly mess. After the floor I tiled had 48 hours to cure, I went to clean the remaining residue off the tiles with some plain warm water, and the gray grout became quite dark... almost black.... and did not appear to be water repellent, like I expected. The water seemed to seep right into the grout. I don't know if it will resist mold and discoloration, but after watching it take more that 2 hours to return to the "dry" color, I see that I will have to seal the grout, anyway. I will be tiling the walls next, and will grout the old-fashioned way, and seal like I've always done. I feel this product was a colossal waste of money, and will be returning the rest for a refund.

• ZoJo1969
    11 years ago

OK, I used it and it is almost impossible to get the grout HAZE off.... Do not, I repeat DO NOT use this product !!! HATE it ... I have been tiling for 16 years and this stuff is awful !!!

• StoneTech
    11 years ago

Do NOT use anything mixed with your grout. Water is the only thing to mix it with. Quality grouts have a polymer/latex additive that activates with water. You start adding "something else" and you're courting disaster.

Put the grout in and then seal it, if you like. Follow the MFG. recommendations.

Sponsored
Aryandes Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Fairfax County's Quality Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts