Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeri78

adura flooring mannington country plank design

jeri78
10 years ago

We put Mannington floor in back in 1979 and after 3 years the floor browed by the windows and patio door, but we thought it was from us having the drapes open, sun damage. Well finally got a new floor and yes I found my pattern in Mannington again, when the lady came out to measure she told us that our old floor was actually a factory recall and that they did reimburse people for it. Now for my new floor we chose country oak plank adura and it is a beautiful floor looks very country and all that. I wipe it down with a damp mop and looks good. I have noticed that a corner is peeling up and honestly the wear layer is no thicker than contact paper. I am a bit worried this is not going to last at all. I have not yet contacted the company but will tomorrow, I will say that after reading some of these posts that I am not holding my breath. I feel I have given them a fair shot and if this is shoddy product I will probably not recommend this to anyone else.

Comments (10)

• lydiaf
    10 years ago

I put down Adura (Essex plank) in a couple of rooms about 5 years ago. No issues and it looks great, couldn't be easier to take care of. I have had no peeling/curling whatsoever.

Could the issue be with the installation, more so than the product in and of itself? Good luck.

• luvhaight
    10 years ago

We installed this product (Adura Tru-Loc Plank) about 5 months ago and it is failing miserably. The distributor rep. inspected it and thinks it's either moisture or sunlight--still waiting for a reply from Mannington. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced such a dramatic failure with this floor??

• roof35
    10 years ago

luvhaight

Whoever laid that floor, should have read the instructions first (there are online instructions, check it out for yourself). It definitely has a pattern repeat. Makes you wonder what else could have been done wrong.

• luvhaight
    10 years ago

Wow, why didn't I think of that--pattern repeat is wrong therefore the whole floor blows up?? :)

• roof35
    10 years ago

Sorry luvhaight. The point being, the installation is obviously wrong.

I used to be a certified installer for the two major players in laminate. I eventually got into going out on claim calls (one of those reps). When the install is wrong, the claims rep will not tell a customer to their face, for obvious reasons. However, documenting the installation with photos is their main objective.

Another big area where people try to shortcut, is the manufacturer's glue requirement. The public think they can save money by using a cheaper glue. The claims rep carries a black light with them to detect if the manufacturer's glue is being used. People will swear up & down they used what was required. The black light tells the story.

The number one reason for claims being denied is, failing to follow the manufacturers installation instructions.

Good luck on trying to get a new floor.

This post was edited by Roof35 on Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 23:32

• luvhaight
    10 years ago

Sorry Roof but I am going to have to challenge you on your "obviously wrong" statement. What is so obviously wrong with this installation that would cause this to happen to this floor? With all due respect you seem to be just throwing out assumptions and I'm looking for analysis.

This is a floating vinyl plank so I'm not sure why you go off on a glue tangent in your post. No worries I am going to take this over to a floor forum for a little more thoughtful analysis --the rep thinks it might be UV rays so we'll see if anyone else agrees.

Anyone else want to take a stab at this one?

• roof35
    10 years ago

luvhaight-

It is probably a good idea, to keep searching for someone to tell you what you want to hear.

Good luck!

This post was edited by Roof35 on Tue, Oct 15, 13 at 9:34

• luvhaight
    10 years ago

Actually just looking for someone with an informed opinion. You gave it your best shot....... We will definitely keep resisting the use of cheap glue on our glue-less vinyl plank!

• roof35
    10 years ago

luvhaight- You're taking it way too personal.

Please do post that picture on some flooring forums. I'm sure you will get lots of compliments on the workmanship, of which you will be able to pass onto the installer.

• luvhaight
    10 years ago

If you are following this post I want to iterate that the manufacturer has indicated that they are having some issues with their floating vinyl plank in regards to UV rays by windows and sliders (I have been told this product is made in China--is this good or bad?). This floor has been installed for 5 months and no credible source has been able to point to a specific installation deficiency to date. This is still under investigation and yes we are still looking for the "answers we want to hear"--which in this case means the answer to what has happened to this floor. It's important to know this so this problem can be averted in the future. On a side note--the customer is getting a new floor on our dime--we don't make this their problem.