Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maintenance for Oil Prefinished Oak Floor?

Posted by slada (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 1, 13 at 18:17

Hi all,

We recently purchased and had installed some oil prefinished white oak floors. Darker colored matte finish (almost looks dry) in a wider plank with a fair bit of grain/knots.

I don't know much about oil prefinished floors and our retailer has been less than helpful since our purchase.

The floors seem to show scuff marks and small scratches quite easily and I am not sure how best to maintain them. They also don't particularly bead water well, with water soaking in relatively quickly. ?

Thanks!
sam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maintenance for Oil Prefinished Oak Floor?

The first person to ask would the person you bought the floor from, the second would be the company that person bought the wood from, the third would be the manufacturer's website.
Most of the manufacturers have specific maintenance instructions to follow and they often sell the maintenance products.
You didn't name the brand of flooring so I'd be hesitant to make any recommendation that might void a warranty.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here