Return to the Flooring Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a product to increase the coefficient of friction for my out

Posted by pjaxson (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 31, 12 at 17:09

I have an awesome homemade patio in my backyard which during the nice seasons gets more attention than my living room probably does. It is made primarily of treated wood, but I did insert squares of tile to give it some design and color. What I didn�t plan for was the tile being excessively slippery when it is wet. If there are any water spots on the tile after I hose the patio off or after it rains I am sure to slip when walking across them. I am in need of a product that I can now apply to the tile after it has already been placed into the patio to help make it safer. Does anyone have any advice for my particular situation?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a product to increase the coefficient of friction for my

Last summer my husband re-did out bathroom floors with new tile and it wasn't til after the fact that we realized how slippery it was when it got wet from the shower or sink. We purchased a product called Johnny Grip after his friend from work suggested it and it worked well for us. I'm not sure if it will work for tile that is outdoors in the elements all the time, but if you want to call them up and find out I'm sure their number is on the website http://www.slipperytile.com/coefficient-of-friction-tile Hope you can work this out.
P.S.- I wish I had a homemade patio!! :)

o

Thanks Claire44. I called their number and spoke with a customer service rep. but he seemed a little distracted at the time lol. He did say that it would work for the tile inserts on my patio so I�m hoping for the best. Now I�m just waiting for the product to get here.

o

Best of luck :)

o

I applied the product a few days ago and so far, so good. It was a little tedious having to be down on my hands and knees to coat it onto each individual tile square with a sponge, but I guess if I was working with an entire kitchen floor and a mop it would have been a bit easier! Now only time will tell if it lasts�

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Flooring Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here