Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
musicteacher_gw

complex process

musicteacher
12 years ago

There are three hardworking men at my house. After moving furniture, they removed the carpet, broke up and removed 40 feet of tile, which left a very rugged, broken looking floor. After carting all that off they started cleaning: first sweeping up piles of under-carpet dirt, then scrubbing with some wet solution (taped off other rooms first) Applied leveling compound to close to half of the floor, and scraped it flat as it dried, and one of them is now undercutting the fireplace brick so the wood can slide underneath. They are talking cheerfully as they work, but I wouldn't be - had I decided to do this myself. This is way harder than just "click it together" like the diy stores lead you to believe. There is furniture piled in front of my refrigerator, garage door, a grand piano wedged between two couches. Imagine this going on for months if I were doing it myself. These guys have some serious equipment and some serious muscle and energy, and I am grateful - even if right now I am stuck in a bedroom for an hour with wet compound puddles right outside my door. :)

Comments (3)