Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn_gw

How to? Install indoor/outdoor carpet

karyn
9 years ago

We have an area of 9' x 14' on a covered patio that is a little room to itself - with just one 40" open doorway to enter/exit.

We want to put down carpet in that area but I get confused going to Home depot looking for -

1. How to glue it down
2. How to protect the carpet edge transition from flagstone/slab, to carpet.

The glue down part actually seems simple except I thought glue might come in tubes to use with a caulking gun - where HD has only gallon cans or carpet glue in the carpet department. Maybe I need to look in another department - the install is purposefully inexpensive to cover some ugly areas to let the house show well for selling. Is there a caulking gun glue I can get at HD that will do the trick sticking carpet to concrete?

Next, The edge/transition is elusive to me. I envision a simple metal strip, glued down to the slab and covering the carpet's edge. Most of them seem to have pre drilled nail/screw holes for hammering into wood sub flooring. Gluing the carpet to the concrete in general is one thing, but the transition edge (or part) glue probably should be a lot stronger. No clue here though...

Any inputs would be most helpful - thanks!